Senior Accountant - Funimation
Culver City , KaliforniaÁllás azonosítója JR21-10012 Jelentkezés Mentett állások megtekintése
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries, Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team.
Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a talented and motivated Senior Accountant to join our team. This role will oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. Summary of responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger and preparing journal entries and maintaining Accounting procedures. The Senior Accountant will also be tasked with continuous improvements of processes and procedures to improve efficiency.
A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports. The selected candidate will be hard-working, independent, and a quick learner.
- Prepare journal entries for assigned areas such as cash, intercompany transactions, fixed assets, payroll, prepaid, leases and P&L activity
- Assist in preparing the P&L financial statement variance analytics
- Assist in preparing the Balance Sheet variance analytics
- Research account variances on Balance Sheet and P&L for management reporting
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet and Bank account reconciliations
- Prepare SOX and Audit reporting
- Work closely with other divisions for intercompany confirmation and settlement
- A/P and A/R processing for significant contracts
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting for Financial Accounting management
- Work with FGG Finance to ensure consistent reporting
- Work with various departments to discuss monthly expense analysis, including billbacks
- Verify compliance with company policies and procedures
- Demonstrate understanding of internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
- Perform UTA testing and assist in system implementation efforts
- Drive process improvement by identifying solutions to issues identified as part of the After Action Review process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity analyzing financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions, heavy month-end/year-end close process and operational accounting (A/P, A/R).
- Hands-on experience with SaaS ERP systems like NetSuite or other large ERP system
- Advanced MS Excel skills and data mining tools
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Experience in Entertainment Industry
- Experience in public accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
Miért szeretet a Sony Pictures vállalatot?Adam Herr Miami
"Fantasztikusak az emberek! A kollégáink okosak, kedvesek, melegszívűek, figyelmesek, szenvedélyesek és együttműködőek."